Getting a visa to Vietnam is now easier than ever before, however, it is better get yourself well prepared under any circumstances that may save you headache.
Hereunder are a few tips that should be taken into account before applying for a visa to Vietnam:
- Make sure that you have an at least 6 month valid passport with space left for stamping.
- Visa regulations are often changing, so check carefully before you are due to travel. Usually, it is possible to extend visas within Vietnam but not during the Party Congresses.
- Visa extensions are often done with less than 1 week on your ongoing visa, and after 3 extensions, you must get a new visa. The fee is ranging from 18-35USD.
- In case, you are exempted from visa to Vietnam, and want to stay longer than your allowed time, the fee is quite expensive (50-70USD), so keep in mind this when you plan your travel itinerary.
- Apply for a visa to Vietnam one or two weeks in advance to avoid unwanted troubles or urgent fee.